Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Songs of Forgotten Years



SONGS.

Songs can make me cry. Blame it to the "sentimental-me"...but you have to agree that there are just songs that speaks truly of what we feel...of what we're going through, right?

Here are some songs that speaks of how it has been...once upon a time. ;)

BUTTERFLY by Mariah Carey

When you love someone so deeply They become your life It’s easy to succumb to overwhelming fears inside Blindly I imagined I could Keep you under glass Now I understand to hold you I must open up my hands And watch you rise
Spread your wings and prepare to fly For you have become a butterfly Fly abandoned into the sun If you should return to me We truly were meant to be So spread your wings and fly Butterfly
I have learned that beauty Has to flourish in the light Wild horses run unbridled Or their spirit dies You have given me the courage To be all that I can And truly feel your heart will Lead you back to me when you’re Ready to land
Spread your wings and prepare to fly For you have become a butterfly Fly abandonedly into the sun If you should return to me We truly were meant to be So spread your wings and fly Butterfly
I can’t pretend these tears Aren’t over flowing steadily I can’t prevent this hurt from Almost overtaking me But I will stand and say goodbye For you’ll never be mine Until you know the way it feels to fly
Spread your wings and prepare to fly For you have become a butterfly Fly abandonedly into the sun If you should return to me We truly were meant to be So spread your wings and fly Butterfly
Spread your wings and prepare to fly For you have become a butterfly Fly abandonedly into the sun If you should return to me We truly were meant to be So spread your wings and fly Butterfly So flutter through the sky Butterfly Fly Spread your wings and fly Butterfly ...

Don't Give Up On Us by David Soul

Don't give up on us, Baby Don't make our love seem light The future isn't just one night It's written in the moonlight And painted on the stars We can't change ours

Don't give up on us, Baby We're still worth one more try I know we put a last one by Just for a rainy evening When maybe stars are few Don't give up on us, I know We can still come through

I really lost my head last night You've got a right to start believing There's still a little love left, even so Don't give up on us, BabyLord knows we've come this far Can't we stay the way we are? The angel and the dreamer Who sometimes play a fool Don't give up on us, I know We can still come through...

I'll Be Over You by Toto

Some people lives their dreams Some people close their eyes Some people's destiny Passes by
There are no guarantees There are no alibis That's how our love must be Don't ask why
It takes some time God knows how long I know that I can forget you
As soon as my heart stops breakin' Anticipatin' As soon as forever is through I'll be over you
Remembering times gone by Promises we once made What are the reasons why Nothin' stays the same
There were the nights Holdin' you close Someday I'll try to forget them

As soon as my heart stops breakin'Anticipatin' Someday I'll be over you
As soon as my heart stops breakin'Anticipatin' Someday I'll be over you
As soon as my heart...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.

Anonymous said...

Hi friend How are You ? I like your post and i want to stumble it for my friend but i cant see your social bookmark widget in this blog. Please help me admin Thank You Steven