Saturday, August 18, 2007

Parokyano for Life


I remember the first time I heard them sang “Harana”. I hated them, for to me, it was Tony’s (Lambino of Smokey Mountain) song.

Then came our project in school – organize Parokya ni Edgar’s concert! I hated it more. I wanted to have Geneva Cruz or a Jose Mari Chan.

And after a round of Chippy’s and Pizza Pies, I became a true-blooded Parokyano and the rest, as always, is herstory.

It’s always fun looking back to our PNE memories. Afterall, not all fans during that time were given the same luck I had everytime they were in Iloilo – riding the same van with the group was always a hilarious experience and a treat as you will get to hear instant compositions on anything and everything that will catch their fancies; staying at the backstage during shows and see them just being their normal(?) selves; meeting them in their hotel; eating sessions at Buto’t Balat and Ted’s; or simply just being able to talk with them (and text them!).

For a fan, it’s a dream come true. But what’s good being a Parokyano is that, the PNE guys do not make you feel less anything, but a real barkada (hehe…mmmhhh…assuming?).

Their debut album went out in ’96 yet, after a decade of fun and music and some marriages and babies adding to the growing Parokya family - PNE still rocks!

To Parokya ni Edgar (lalo na kina Din and Bu – sori, may favoritism to!)

HOY! INUMAN NA!

Visit www.parokyaband.com



No comments: