Sunday, October 21, 2007

Proud to be...

I am a VOLUNTEER!

And am proud of it! ;)

Eversince back home, I have always been involved in civic works (usually with my partner in crime when it comes to these things - NANG GEMMA AGUDO!).

My philosophy in life states that, "you don't have to be in a "position" to be able to help..." though that might change - depends on the political decisions we will be taking few years from now. Mmmmmhhh...campaign anyone? Hehe...

Anyway, I'm glad to have found an organization close to my heart - FRIENDS OF CANCER PATIENTS - where I can spare some of my time and feel happy 'bout it! Aside of course from meeting more people of different nationality! I have been an advocate especially of Breast Cancer Awareness since I was introduced to the cause of the late MS. ROSA MENESES.

You get nothing from being a VOLUNTEER, really, (you even have to spend on your own most of the time!) but it's the self-fulfillment...and just to clear things, I have no CANCER or anybody in my family does (God Forbid!). So, one does not necessarily have to be afflicted to join something as long as you believe in its cause.

How 'bout you? Is there any organization, charity or foundation that is close to your heart? Why not volunteer and "feel" the difference...

No comments: