Friday, December 21, 2007

Christmas Memories...

It'll be soon the 25th of December...

My second Christmas away from home...

Most of us will agree that Christmas is one of the happiest times of the year...it sure is but let me share with you a secret ;) - there is and I think, will always have a moment during Christmas eve when I would cry.

Maybe it's the weather...the season...or maybe, the people we miss and wish to have celebrated the day with.

On Christmas Eve, I would always remember my Lola Lisa and say my "Merry Christmas" to her...I would remember our loved ones who had gone ahead of us and say my prayer for them...I remember families especially children and wish they are merry as well even with just pancit on their table...
And I always try not to miss to say, "Happy Birthday, Jesus!"

Now that I'm celebratng Christmas far from home, I'm sure I'll have a longer moment of crying spell on Christmas Eve... (geez, now my eyes are even starting to well up!).

Christmas is for children and I believe for the young at heart, too...

I remember sending Santa a letter, complete with a red ribbon (remember Santa Clause - The Movie where the letter just flies to Santa?) - 'til now, I wonder who between Mama or Lola has gotten that letter because the next day, it was gone and never saw it! Or could it have reached Santa? ;)

Yes, I do believe in Santa Clause even if I knew that it's our parents who placed those candies in our socks...and even did the same for my sisters when I got older. ;)

So much is my belief in Santa that I remember back in Kindergarten school when our teacher, Ma'am Amoyot told us to tell our parents what we want from Santa - I did not! Why should I? Santa already knows. Christmas party came and I got these chocolate candies instead of the walking doll I asked from Santa. Gotcha! Santa in Kindergarten is Mama or Papa or most of the time in my case, Lola!

Yet, these never stop me in believing that somewhere out there in the North Pole there's a true red-suit-wearing-old-man... and yes, one time he did stop by our house (might have have been a dream but seemed so real...).

I'm 28 now, getting married soon yet, nobody can't stop me in doing this - I'm writing, well, emailing Santa a letter! Here goes...

Dear Santa...
Pic taken from http://images.google.ae/imgres?imgurl=http://library2.nalis.gov.tt/Portals/0/601/SantaClaus.jpg&imgrefurl=http://library2.nalis.gov.tt/Default.aspx%3FPageContentID%3D95%26tabid%3D135&h=768&w=1024&sz=141&hl=en&start=8&um=1&tbnid=a2wm2q8OOc3adM:&tbnh=113&tbnw=150&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dpicture%2Bof%2Bsanta%26svnum%3D10%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DX




No comments: