Saturday, January 5, 2008

My First in 2008

It's a little late for a New Year entry but, let's consider this as a post-New Year one. ;)

Hello 2008!

(My 1st pic for '08 - that's how I look when I've just gotten up! Yikes!)

I'm supposed to share with you my New Year's resolution but I just don't have any except to try to be nicer to everyone! Ei! I've started to change...believe it or not (at least for those, who had known me before...promise!)
So, here's to remind me of this -


Make The Choice Not to Hate

Prejudice a word, that feels wrong--
a feeling without rhyme or song..
A feeling felt by anyone--
a feeling that cant be fun..
Prejudice simmers beneath the soul--
embedding itself, making our bodies cruel and cold..
Its a whisper yelling in that weak ones ear--
over powering positive thoughts, creating fear..
Telling us hating is just and right--
and when the message becomes to real, we have to fight..
Before we know it, even the whispers, we start to feel--
as the touch of hate becomes so real..
We start to hate those we don't even know--
as the negative of hate, even dims loves glow..
Hate comes in all shades of skin--
its our choices, that keeps the hate with in..
Hate can steal one or a whole family--
but love and God can help us see..
Its up to us to challenge that which feels wrong--
our choices keeps us from weakness and going along..
Its a paranoia, a mental distrust of others--
this prejudice thing can even make you hate your mother..
Its a blindness we allow ourselves, you and me--
a hate that keeps us from being able to see..
From seeing the brightness of love glowing from others --
that kind of love, that glows when we make a stranger a sister, a brother..
I’ve learned to give the heart time to feel--
and when the time comes , you’ll know its real..
We have to deal with the consequences, your fate--
please make the choice not to hate...- Patricia Robinson




"Dear Lord, may the New Year bring us closer to You! Amen."

No comments: