Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Dating Game

mood: kinikilig na parang hindi (:

Back during my teen years, I’ve always been fond of reading Sweet Dreams pocketbooks. So, I guess it’s not a surprise to know that one of my favorite pastimes would be to daydream of how my “first date” or coming dates would be like.

Unfortunately, I was also brought up by my mother in believing that once you get to date a guy, he’ll instantly become your boyfriend! (Hay, Mama lang! (: ) Now, as I’m writing this I couldn’t help but wonder, if only I knew that is was okay to go out on dates and that it’s not necessary that the one you dated will be your boyfriend then, damu na ko tani nakilkilan! ((:

Let me share with you my top favorite “anecdotes” on dating…for the purpose of this blog, let me share it “as from my point of view”. Or could it be? ;)

For the First Time

Why I can still remember that it was a Thursday night, I could never tell. But maybe because, it was the first time somebody had actually asked me to a date and not just somebody, he was my ultimate crush! ;) I can also remember that all the while he was saying about the “when” and “where” of our date, I instantly started to think about all the Sweet Dreams stories I have read and which is closest to what’s happening at that time. We’re supposed to go to Shakey’s… big time na kaya ‘yon ‘nung panahong ‘yun! “Supposedly” as the date didn’t happen. Well, it actually happened but with another girl. (Huhuhu!) How come? Now, that is a total blur to me. :p

Eating Out

Had the longest crush on this guy when finally, we got to meet for a date. I was pretty excited but tried to act really cool about the whole thing. After all, we’re no longer grade-schoolers! We ordered some food and had fun eating. Yes, the whole time was spent eating. Maybe, he’s just being true to the word “dinner date”. I really didn’t know if I should feel sorry for him or for myself. I’m supposed to be the girl and have all the reasons to get tongue-tied but what happened was the other way around. After that night, I realized that if only I’ve gotten a date with this guy earlier I wouldn’t have wasted much time daydreaming about him. Why, he’s better off as a friend. (:

As Good As It Gets

I really can’t remember how I’m able to get this guy asked me for a date. Or was it me who asked him out? :P Anyways, it was one of the very few dates I’ve gone to (should I count three?…hehehe…) that’s quite memorable to me but one that I have so many regrets. For one, I regretted not ordering more when we had lunch. Being demure (daw!) I shyly ordered for a single burger steak with no extra rice, of course! Duh! Kung alam ko lang sana, I would have ordered the most expensive Chicken Meal with extra rice and lots of gravy! And secondly, I would have chosen a comedy or horror for a movie that we watched so, I could have at least truly enjoyed. Okay, well, maybe I did that time… But it took years before I saw Jack Nicholson again and actually appreciated his movie. I could have also made “parining” or even “lambing” so he could have bought me something from Odyssey along with his Guns ‘n Roses Spaghetti album! (mmmhhh, detailed ba masyado?) Tsk! Tsk! As for that date, it’s also been years since the last time I saw him or should I say, spoke to him. :P

Second Time Around


As I remember this “date story”, I have this feeling of guilt, embarrassment, stupidity – okay, I was very bad! This could have been the date that never happened but this time, I admit, I did a total blunder. It could have been a start of a beautiful friendship. It all started right... Long-lost high school classmates got connected and agreed to see a popular band’s concert (was it Free Style or South Border? (: ) until… I was so immature but I know it’s not enough reason for my stupidity. Instead of talking and acting the good date I should be, I foolishly tried in playing cupid to my supposed date and a friend! Gee, now I’m actually recalling that night, I feel myself blushing for embarrassment. I know I owe the guy some apologies. When I get to see and talk to him, it may not be such a big deal, but I’ll definitely have to say, “sorry for that night, I was a jerk!”.

Bonding For a Lifetime (This time, it’s for real!)

Our “first date” could have been one of Sprite’s “Magpaka-totoo ka!” ad series. I have learned a lot from my trying-to-be-demure experience, that this time, I’m just truly being myself. So true that I never cared about what impression I’ll leave should I order for extra rice and even requested my date that I eat the belly part of the “bangus” we ordered. ((: I believe then that this was it, as that date was followed with another and another and another…from the ever reliable fast-food chains to our suki, Nong Rudy’s “videokehan”, we just can’t get enough. ;)

Maybe it really works if you’re being truthful especially showing your true self. For I still continue to date my ex -, who now happens to be my husband. Whether it is at home sharing a home-made meal or to our favorite fast-food restaurant, what matters most is that we are spending quality time together. And we’re looking forward to spend more of these dates that are also our bonding moments.

Dating stories, anyone?





No comments: