Sunday, July 15, 2007

The Power of Pen, err...Blog!


I’ve written something about the Untold Stories here in Dubai. I was writing about my personal experience and observation…and as it has to come from my blog, you could say it was an honest to goodness piece. I ONLY wanted to share. I was glad to hear from Mr. Editor that they will have it published in The News Today and was pretty excited. A career in the making? I was proud to see my work printed in one if not, the most read newspaper in Iloilo and even the whole world as they have their own website (www.thenewstoday.info). Until…

I was able to chat with a friend just yesterday and was pretty excited to ask how things are going when we came to the topic of her plan coming to Dubai. I was quite disturbed to learn that she started to have some doubts of pursuing her plans after reading my article!

As mentioned, I ONLY WANTED TO SHARE but it never crossed my mind that I will in anyway affect someone’s decision. I even doubt, there will be people who will read what I have written! Just then I have realized when we speak of “the power of pen”.

Only then I have remembered and thought of the responsibility carried by every "writer" whenever they start on an article may it be a headline, article in a column or even a showbiz piece!
How words can affect one’s feelings and thoughts!

I never wanted to stop my kabayans in dreaming and getting here in Dubai. Defensive? I may sound one but I would like to believe, I’m not.

For I always believe that at the end of each day, it will still be ‘you and yourself’ alone who will decide on how you will shape up your life…
Don’t let others (especially other people’s blog!) determine your future.

As Bea Saw of PBB said, “Follow your dreams…GO!”

No comments: