Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Be +


I would like to consider myself a positive personone who always tries to see the brighter side of things.
For most, being thankful for predicaments coming into our lives may sound crazy? How can you be thankful when you’re a mess? Of course, I have my low-downs and thanks, for all I need is a moment of crying spell and I’ll be fine.

Here’s a list of some of the Not-So-Good-Things I’m Thankful of (not necessarily according to this order!):
1. Being away from home which have made me realized how important my family is – mom and sisters!
2. Not having enough budget for transportation that I have to walked home – which turns out to be my much needed exercise.
3. Walking from office to home (due to see No. 3) which gives me time to say my Rosary which I can’t fulfill at other given time.
4. Having just enough for food enables us to control those unwanted fat and cholesterol!
5. Being in a “very-bad-situation-caused-by-me” and still having friends around who never judge you for what you did.
6. Bad loans that made me value the importance of every cent earned.
7. High water and electricity bills that teach one to go back to basics – conserve energy, put those lights off, etc!
8. Not having the time and capacity to go bar-hopping for it lessens the alcohol and smoke you take in your body when going out and opens a discovery of new past times like sitting on the beach and enjoy people-watching ALL FOR FREE!
9. Not having a Washing Machine for it gives you that needed exercise and vocalization!
10. Not having a TV at home for it gives you and your roommates (Tatay & Carla, that is!) time to talk and talk and talk….
I can go on and on and on with more lists but these are just for now and as parting, let me share this with you:

BE THANKFUL
By Author Unknown

Be thankful that you don't already have everything you desire.
If you did, what would there be to look forward to?
Be thankful when you don't know something,
for it gives you the opportunity to learn.

Be thankful for the difficult times.
During those times you grow.
Be thankful for your limitations,
because they give you opportunities for improvement.

Be thankful for each new challenge,
because it will build your strength and character.
Be thankful for your mistakes.
They will teach you valuable lessons.
Be thankful when you're tired and weary,
because it means you've made a difference.

It's easy to be thankful for the good things.
A life of rich fulfillment comes to those who
are also thankful for the setbacks.
Gratitude can turn a negative into a positive.
Find a way to be thankful for your troubles,
and they can become your blessings.



No comments: