Sunday, August 5, 2007

I'll miss you, Harry!


In Memory of Dumbledore, Sirius,Lily & James, Lupin & Tonks, Fred, Mad-Eye, Snape and Hedwig & Dobby and all the Great Wizards who fought and died for the Greater Good…


It was in 2001 when I first met Harry Potter and since then, I was introduced to a new world of wizardry that not all muggles can understand…

My, it was then I started reading Books of Spells at the National Bookstore and would advise my cousin to get a red cloth and hold some salt with it to get rid of her toothache!

How I wish to go to Hogwarts and be part of one of the best schools for wizards but then, I doubt if I shall be accepted by Dumdledore…If permitted, I’ll tell the Sorting Hat to put me in Gryffindor as Harry had as I’m sure my “traidora traits” would surely be a welcome to the Slytherins.

And oh, how I wish to get my own wand! I wonder what it will be made from and how long it will be….

Not only, was I who got enthralled with the magic Harry Potter had brought, my fiancĂ©, had dreamed of starting his own Quidditch Team and start their own league at our town! Wouldn’t that be exciting?

Harry Potter…

Harry Potter has opened a new world for me to explore! And back when they started on their first year – I felt I have also made new friends through Ron and Hermione as well as Hagrid and even later on, with Gwarp. It was magical meeting the great and bold wizards especially those in the Order. How I wish our people in the authority can have the same dedication and sincerity in serving our country!

From Harry I have realized how one should treasure the friends you have and trust the people who loves you.

How I wish I am a Weasley. I don’t care about the “redhead, hand-me-down clothes-tatak” as long as I have the same responsible and kind father, loving mother and wonderful sibs (of course I got the last two but…mmmhh).

And most importantly, I have realized to appreciate what I have and be humble of what you’ve become just as Harry lived under the cupboard and still humbly, become the Chosen One.

As they say, some good things just never last…the world of Harry Potter has come to rest with the last book its author has written.

Partly, I’m sad that after the seventh book, I have no more sequel to look forward to yet, I believe that somehow it would be best to give it an end….for the meantime? I hate parting and saying goodbyes…just the thought of it would make me cry. Or maybe, I don’t feel that sad as I know there would still be the last two movies to look forward to.

My writing seems has no beginning and no end as I feel that way now…I’m ready to move on yet, I know I will forever treasure my journey in the world of Harry Potter. This is one I will surely pass on given a chance, to my children and grandchildren.

And to end this…

“…Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak! – Thank you!” – Albus Dumdledore, Sorcerer’s Stone, Chapter 7


No comments: