Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Nothing about Sushmita!

Remember Sushmita “the essence of being a woman…” Sen who was crowned Miss Universe ’94 when it was held in the Philippines? Di ba she’s from India?

No. I won’t be talking about her but rather, Indian Food! (:

One good thing about living abroad is the opportunity to eat and try local dishes. And you’ll say, bakit Indian Food ‘eh nasa Emarat ka? Para ‘di mahiwagaan – a great part of expatriates in the UAE are Indian (well, for now as Filipinos seem to break the record!).

There are lists of Indian Cuisine and variations one can choose from though, not everyone may welcome it. Indian food has its distinct smell and taste. And as I learned from my previous employer, they have this thirteen special herbs and spices used everytime they cook!

At ‘san ka! Most and I could say, 99% almost of Indians eat with their hands but that is actually part of their etiquette, they say. And mind you, it’s not just your usual finger-lickin’-good-thing, in our term, and let me use the word - dilap! (: Just imagine....

At the moment I’m fond of having plain dosa for breakfast whenever I have time to drop by the cafeteria.




Wonder how it tastes?

Go and search that Indian restaurant near you! (Haha...daw advertisement.) (:

No comments: