Friday, February 8, 2008

Come together...


“Hey Jude don't be afraid
You were made to go out and get her
The minute you let her under your skin
Then you begin to make it better…”

I never expected that one day I will be humming this song and will actually like it! But thanks to the movie “Across the Universe”… I really couldn’t say I’m now a Beatles fan but I have started to appreciate their songs more.

Blame it also to my weakness on musicals (I’m a frustrated stage-musical-actress, just to let you know!)… this kind of movie has always been one of my favorites. From Grease to Moulin Rouge to Rent and yes, I can even note Pik-Pak-Boom (though, I think the dialogues were not entirely sang but I know, there were a number of songs and dances there!).

Watching the movie has awakened my aspiration to do stage plays again! (Oh, just wait ‘til I get back home…)

Across the Universe is basically about the love story of Jude & Lucy with a setting done in the’60s and used Beatles songs not just for the background but for the dialogues as well…so, if you’re a Beatles fan, I believe you should check this movie. I don’t know if you’ll fall in love with the story/movie, but I’m sure you will enjoy singing along the tracks 'coz I did!

And here I go again…

"He wear no shoeshine he got toe-jam football
He got monkey finger he shoot coca-cola
He say "I know you, you know me"
One thing I can tell you is you got to be free
Come together right now over me…”

No comments: