Thursday, February 14, 2008

V-day

It’s Valentine’s Day.

But today it’s my mother that I’m missing! (: I hope that one day she’ll get across this entry and make her realize how special she is to me – us!

I will always remember Mama on Valentine’s day as we have this special song we would always sing to each other on heart’s day.

I'm sharing it with you, here goes...

English version:

"Dearest child believe me you are truly my friend
So today with gladness to you will I send
Just a sign of friendship from this heart of mine
That will tell you in words you are my valentine.
These will it say mother’s heart is true
And never will change the love she gives you."

Filipino version:

“Ako’y nagtanim ng laguerta sa puso
Puso ang tinamnan puso ang tumubo
Puso ang namunga ibinunga’y puso
Puso ang kumitil kinitil ay puso.

Nguni’t ang puso ng magulang
Ang s’yang tunay na pagmamahal”.

I know one more Tagalog version that goes:

"Di nga ba't maraming puso sa sagingan.
May pusong dalaga at pusu-pusuan...
May pusong galak at pusong salawahan."

...or something to that effect.

I don’t know if how many of you have heard this (and I wonder if my classmates in grade school can still remember this) but thanks to Ma’am Mendez for this… now, I know that I have a special gift I will pass on to my children when the time comes.

May everyone have a fun-filled Valentine's...

Now sing with me, "Dearest child believe me..."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi i would like to ask the title of the song, my grandma is asking me to look for a song of it in the net but its hard to search for it if i don't know the title, hope you'll help. thanks God bless you and your Family and specially your Mom this Heart's Day.

Anonymous said...

Filipino version:
di baga maraming puso sa sagingan,
may pusong saba, at puso ng tundan
May pusong dalaga at puso-pusoan
may pusong tapat at pusong salawahan.
Ngunit ang puso ng magulang
ay may tunay na pagmamahal.

I think the title is YOU ARE MY VALENTINE

Neil said...

Hi, I just made a video in YouTube featuring this song. I could not find any official recording of this, so I decided to do it in A Cappella.Good that I still can remember the both English and Tagalog versions, but I'm not sure of the real title of this. I guess our teachers in elementary just made the melody of it and we started singing. Probably the origin of this is kinda thoughts on Valentine's Day, then someone made the tune! What do you think? Here's the link if you want to hear it: The last video I shared early this morning was about a Valentine song we had in elementary way back in the 90's. I shared this to remind my classmates and batch mates that we had this song long time ago. Probably this has been long forgotten. I could not even find a single recording of this on the internet that's why I decided to sing it in A Cappella. The song is in English and Filipino version, my mother tongue. MY comment was: Throwback Valentines! Here's the link if you want to hear: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ45QzjQoUU&list=UUD-yeMDhCF1a-ncLLtYfBeg