Monday, April 21, 2008

Ramblings about the EX-

mood: napapa-esep-esep...


"Would you speak to an ex…or something like, is it ok to talk to an ex?"

I came across this question while “goggling” (masyado bang obvious anong gamit kung search engine?) and I can’t help but give my two-fils worth even if I know nobody would care and as I often wonder, may gatalang man ayhan dire sa akon blog?

For one, it’s hard to answer yes or no for someone who doesn’t have a (REAL) ex! Here we go again.

Let me again defend myself not because I’m guilty. I CAN’T and just COULDN’T say, talk, speak or even just give it a thought that I had a real boyfriend! Reel, imaginary, yeah, maybe but real? Mmmmhhh…can’t think of anyone that fits the bill. Maybe, ka-“mu” as in ka-“un” but at this age, just a thought of it feels…yikes! Corny? Naman…Ok, sounds defensive. But the heck, it’s my blog and when I say I had no boyfried(s) then I had no boyfriend(s).

ANYWAY, I’m here to share my thoughts on that question so, let’s stick with the topic.

So, again is it ok to speak with an ex? And I mean, just the two of you – them – you and the ex alone.

Personally, at first I would have said yeah, no problem BUT on the other thought, I ask my self "would I allow my husband to speak with his ex?" With a group sure, why not (choconut) BUT alone, only the two of them?! (ROAR! Ok an exaggeration here!)

Plus, I have to admit I’m super SELOSA! Yes, I am but would like to believe that in a more mature way now (naks!). Come on let’s get real – don’t you think two people who had been together will never bring up anything from the past? And I think going to that territory is quite dangerous especially if one of the two still feel something for the other (am I talking too obvious? ‘call it woman’s instinct!).

I admire though, those people who are in good terms with their exes and even able to go double-date with their respective new partners. Unfortunately, it’s not like that to most.

Do unto others, as you would want others do unto you.

You see, it’s all a matter of respect and knowing what is more important to you. Even if talking with that person means nothing, with no malice at all but you know that your partner is not comfortable with the thought then, I don’t see any point why you should press on the idea. Focus on the present and don’t let the past gets to you.

Kaya nga EX- eh!

No comments: